Alfa Romeo will hold a formal launch for its new Formula 1 car after the first pre-season test at the Circuit de Catalunya later this month.
The team’s all-new driver line-up of Valtteri Bottas and Guanyu Zhou will be present for the launch two days after the opening test. A further three-day test will take place in Bahrain next month ahead of the first race of the new season.
Alfa Romeo, which slipped to ninth place in the constructors championship last year, is the seventh F1 team to confirms its launch plans so far. Aston Martin will be the first team to present its new car built to F1’s heavily revised technical regulations, on February 10th. Red Bull, Williams and Haas are yet to set launch dates for their new 2022 challengers.
Get all the 2022 F1 race weekend session details plus test and launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Hamilton sees diversity gains in F1 years on from his ‘traumatising’ experience of racism
- Verstappen returns to Drive to Survive as season five launch date is confirmed
- Why first Alonso and now Williams backed young Argentinian racer Franco Colapinto
- Why a former Williams sponsor was told to pay the team £26 million
- Analysis: Did any F1 driver have worse luck than Alonso last season?